Thursday 11 September 2008

Explaining colours to a blind man

Hi everyone, my new book "Explaining colours to a blind man" is out now, published by Chipmunkapublishing.co.uk. Here is the link:http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1189

Not only does it explain what living with mental heath problems entails, it is also a very good read. It's not all doom and gloom as there are some very funny chapters.
It's about my partner Susan Kennedy.

Susan Kennedy had a dream as a little girl. She wanted to become a teacher. Sadly, because of a combination of nurture and nature, that dream was never to be. This heartrending and captivating story, tells of one woman’s struggle through life, while suffering from a debilitating mental illness. It is a story of determination, courage, tenacity and humour. This moving, sometimes sad, often hilarious, journey through Susan’s life will leave you enthralled. It is a story of hope and optimism, in a world that is far from perfect. From being abused on the counter of the benefit office, to life in a convent with some amorous nuns, to having a knife at her throat in a mental hospital, there is one thing you can say about Sue Kennedy’s life; it is far from mundane.

If you read it, I'd love to hear what you think about it.

1 comment:

peter jones said...

I stumbled across this book by chance, and I'm very glad i did. I's a fantastic read and I literally couldn't put it down. I highly recommend it to anyone.